In 2013, Canadian Business will launch a new awards program aimed at celebrating the best Chief Executive Officers in Canada. The program will focus on successful strategies implemented by CEOs who have made a major contribution to the Canadian business community and to Canada’s overall economic success. The winner will be chosen by an advisory panel of Canada’s most respected business leaders, academics and strategists based on corporate performance and contribution to the Canadian business community and to Canada’s overall economic success.
In addition to the CEO of the Year, we will also present the following awards:
Top New CEO This award will be given to the best CEO with a tenure of less than five years
Top Turnaround CEO This award will be given to the most effective CEO appointed to a corporation facing a serious challenge
Most Innovative CEO This award will be given to the CEO who has launched the most innovative new product, service, division or expansion
Winners will be announced in the November 25th issue of Canadian Business.
The Advisory Board
1. Brian Segal, Chair, CEO of the Year
2. Ann Stewart, President, Maxus Canada
3. Anne Golden, Distinguished Visiting Scholar and Special Advisor, Ryerson University
4. Bonnie Brooks, President, Hudson’s Bay Company
5. Carol Stephenson, Dean, Richard Ivey School of Business, Western University
6. Chris Rudge, Executive Chairman & CEO, Toronto Argonauts Football Club
7. Edward Sonshine, CEO, RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust
8. Graham Fox, President and CEO, Institute for Research on Public Policy
9. Isabelle Hudon, President, Sun Life Financial, Quebec
10. Jalynn Bennett, President, Jalynn H. Bennett and Associates Ltd.
11. Jeff Hauswirth, Board of Directors Member, Spencer Stuart
12. John Risley, President and CEO, Clearwater Fine Foods Incorporated
13. Nadir Mohamed, President and CEO, Rogers Communications Inc.
14. Peter Gilgan, Founder & CEO, Mattamy Homes