The 2009 Investor 500 published by Canadian Business Magazinelast week was based on the market close on April 3, 2009. From then to May 11, 2009, the TSX composite has risen by 11.6%. Here’s some of the ways an Investor 500 with a May 11 market close would differ.
- Lowest market cap up by 17% to $110 million.
- Average market cap now $2,569 million, a gain of $269 million.
- Total market cap increased by $135 billion which is greater than the GDP of 124 countries according to the IMF.
- Average one-year total share loss now 27.8%, an improvement from a loss of 32.8% at Apr. 3.
- Total of 64 companies with positive one-year returns, up from 51.
- Average total share return of 16.3% from Apr. 3 to May 11, 2009 for original Investor 500 companies.