1. Are you sitting down for this? Find out how much you’re overpaying for printer ink cartridges at printandprosper.com
2. Are we there yet? Two-thirds of investment managerscite stability of the U.S. real estate sector as the No. 1 indicator they watch for signs of a recovery in financial markets. Unfortunately, the decline in house priceshas been accelerating, lately.
3. TFSAs are for the Geritol set. A third of Canadiansover 65 now have a Tax Free Savings Account. Only a quarter of 55- to 64-year-olds and a sixth of Canadians under the age of 45 have one.
4. Great, just what we need — government contributing to unemployment in midst of recession; Ontarios 9% increase in minimum wage will end up hurtingthe very people it is intended to help.
5. Minimum wages by province chart.
6. Hurry, just 3 days left to get a quick answer to that tax question. H&R Block Canadahas declared March 30 to April 4 National Tax Advice Week and are offering Canadians the opportunity to have their tax questions answered by a professional.
7. When it comes to taxes, one of the biggest mistakespeople make is thinking they don’t qualify for a credit when actually they do.
8. Winners of stock market competitionget $2,000 scholarship. John Boglewould not approve.