Here are the government’s rankings of the leading airlines and their on-time performance in May. Some airlines, including Spirit and Allegiant, are not included because they operate fewer flights. The federal government counts a flight as on-time if it arrives within 14 minutes of schedule.
1. Hawaiian Airlines, 93.2 per cent
2. Alaska Airlines, 89.7 per cent
3. Delta Air Lines, 84.4 per cent
4. AirTran Airways, 83.9 per cent
5. US Airways, 82.1 per cent
6. Virgin America, 81.8 per cent
7. SkyWest, 78.7 per cent
8. JetBlue Airways, 77.3 per cent
9. American Airlines, 76.8 per cent
10. United Airlines, 76.4 per cent
11. Frontier Airlines, 73.4 per cent
12. Southwest Airlines, 71.8 per cent
13. Envoy, 71.4 per cent
14. ExpressJet, 70.3 per cent
Total for all reporting airlines: 76.9 per cent
—Southwest and AirTran are owned by Southwest Airlines Co.
—American, US Airways and Envoy are owned by American Airlines Group Inc.
—Envoy was formerly American Eagle
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
The report can be found at: http://1.usa.gov/1qVNVeG