Here are the government’s rankings of the leading airlines and their on-time performance for August. Some airlines, including Spirit and Allegiant, are not included because they operate fewer flights. The federal government counts a flight as on-time if it arrives within 14 minutes of schedule.
1. Hawaiian Airlines, 94.0 per cent
2. Delta Air Lines, 84.8 per cent
3. Virgin America, 84.3 per cent
4. Alaska Airlines, 83.8 per cent
5. AirTran Airways, 83.7 per cent
6. US Airways, 82.7 per cent
7. Frontier Airlines, 77.5 per cent
8. JetBlue Airways, 77.4 per cent
9. SkyWest, 76.9 per cent
10. United Airlines, 76.8 per cent
11. Southwest Airlines, 75.3 per cent
12. ExpressJet, 74.6 per cent
13. American Airlines, 73.2 per cent
14. Envoy Air, 70.1 per cent
Total for all reporting airlines: 77.7 per cent
—Southwest and AirTran are owned by Southwest Airlines Co.
—American, US Airways and Envoy are owned by American Airlines Group Inc.
—Envoy was formerly American Eagle
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
The report can be found at: http://1.usa.gov/1w20mnZ