If Dragons’ Den were a company, it would be in the midst of a turnaround. Over the past few years, it has lost some of its highest-profile stars and seen them replaced by lesser-known (and sometimes less successful) entrepreneurs. But this coming season—its 10th—will mark a significant shift, with the introduction of three new Dragons, including retailer Joe Mimran, tech entrepreneur Michele Romanow and distiller Manjit Minhas.
What makes a good Dragon? When she spoke with Canadian Business for our June issue, Minhas said it comes down to honesty: “I’m fast at cutting through the BS—it’s my personality.” We agree, but we also think it takes Bay Street cred, a willingness to deal and more than a little screen charisma. With a changeover underway, we decided to offer our (entirely subjective) ranking of all 14 Dragons past and present.
MORE TALES FROM THE DEN:
- How the Tough New Dragon on Dragons’ Den Built Her Booming Business »
- Inside the Brilliantly Weird Mind of CBC’s Newest Dragon »
- How to Win the Biggest Investment in Dragons’ Den History »
- True Confessions of a Dragons’ Den Survivor »
- W. Brett Wilson’s Worthwhile Legacy »
Do you agree with our ranking? Share your own using the comments section below.