One of the leading lights of Canada’s tech sector, e-commerce platform Shopify makes design a core company value, and its Ottawa headquarters reflects that. (The company also has offices in Toronto and Montreal).
Each floor is organized around a theme, like “1920s Prohibition” or “retreat,” and there are a variety of workspaces, from open-concept group pods to private nooks—and even a few secret rooms hidden around the office, knowledge of which is strictly need-to-know.
“If you put a lot of smart and able people in the same space, give them what they need and remove barriers, magic happens,” says Daniel Weinand, Shopify co-founder, and chief design and culture officer.
(Photos by Blair Gable)
MORE INSPIRING OFFICES:
- Where Star Wars Comes to Life »
- The Montreal Company That’s Headquartered in a Castle »
- Why Less is More When It Comes to Office Space »
- What an Office Designed Around Employee Happiness Looks Like »
- Why You Should Make Yourself More Visible in the Workplace »
What do you think of Shopify’s setup? Let us know by commenting below.