Most list-makers will create new to-dos for the week, or even daily. New appointments and projects will always crowd your workday, but J T O’Donnell (Careerealism Media) says it’s important to stick to your growth strategy by crossing at least a few key tasks off your list every day. She posted a list of the 10 things she makes sure to do every day.
Her daily to-dos are:
- Read something related to my industry.
- Read something related to business development.
- Send two emails to touch base with old colleagues.
- Empty my private client inbox by responding to all career coaching questions within one business day.
- Check in with each team member on their progress.
- Have a short non-work-related conversation with every employee.
- Review my top three goals for my company that are focused on its growth.
- Identify and execute one task to support each of my top three goals.
- Post five valuable pieces of content on all my major social media accounts.
- Take a full minute to appreciate what I have and how far I’ve come.
Why follow the same list with consistency, day after day, month after month? For O’Donnell, these are the most effective ways to grow her business. The list keeps her focused. If she does this, and nothing else, she sees results.
The list will be different for everyone. What’s your list of 10 daily to-dos?