From thieves and hackers to floods and freezing rain, the threats are everywhere — and they could knock your company out of business. Take this true/false test of your defences and disaster plan
Answer true or false to the following statements.
My company …
- Keeps emergency supplies on-site, including first-aid equipment, water, non-perishable food, flashlights, a radio and batteries.
- Conducts routine inspections of its smoke detectors, sprinklers and fire extinguishers, and rehearsals of its evacuation procedures.
- Has alarms and surveillance cameras on all entrances.
- Operates firewalls and regularly updates anti-virus software on its network.
- Has an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) to protect data and sensitive electronics.
- Regularly distributes hard copies of up-to-date employee contact info to its staff and designates a hotline employees can call for updates during a crisis.
- Has developed a continuity plan that details how to keep production, shipping, accounting and a management chain in operation during a crisis.
- Has access to a backup work site.
The more times you answer false, the greater your company’s risk of suffering a calamity.