Brant Matthews, a.k.a., “Fireguy,” has juggled professionally for over 20 years. His signature trick: juggling flaming devil sticks while riding a motorized skateboard. You can catch him at Toronto’s BuskerFest, August 2730.
Here, Matthews explains how he wins back an audience after fumbling a trick.
There are these things called drop lines. If you drop something, you say, Ladies and gentlemen, that was a mistake’—and people often applaud. Then you can follow up with something like, But if it weren’t for mistakes, some of us wouldn’t be here.'”
MORE WAYS TO KEEP YOUR AUDIENCE INTERESTED:
- The Avoidable Distraction Plaguing Your Presentations »
- 7 Powerful Tips to Improve Your Public Speaking »
- Powerpoint That Works—No Really! »
- 5 Expressions You Must Stop Using »
- How to Speak Like a Leader »
How do you handle flubbed lines or missed cues when you’re speaking in front of an audience? Share your strategies and tactics using the comments section below.