As co-founder and chief executive officer of FreshBooks, the cloud-based accounting software service, Mike McDerment sets his staff expectations high and makes sure to support them so they meet the bar.
When he’s at the company’s Toronto office, he rarely sits down to work on something himself—he’ll get interrupted about every seven minutes. For that reason, instead of being responsible for producing, he devotes his time to helping others solve problems.
McDerment tells us why he wants to be visible to his staff and why his mornings are the only quiet time he needs.
(Photos by Jaime Hogge)
MORE INSPIRING OFFICES:
- How to Design an Idea Factory »
- How Facebook Canada’s Jordan Banks Manages His Busy Schedule »
- Why No One at Amex Canada Has a Desk to Call Their Own »
- How to Run a Business Across Borders »
- Low Tech Tricks to Make Yourself More Productive »
What do you think of Mike McDerment’s working habits? Let us know using the comments section below.