Lifestyle

Career-limiting move: Setting your co-worker on fire

A prank gone wrong.

(Photo: Sebastian Ritter/Wikimedia)

(Photo: Sebastian Ritter/Wikimedia)

Late last year Mark Sobieski, a drywall-supplier foreman in Burnaby, B.C., decided it would be hilarious to set fire to a colleague’s vest. He put the fire out, but it soon reignited, burning the hands of a customer who smothered the flames. Sobieski was fired for the safety breach, but was recently reinstated by an arbitrator. No word on whether the arbitrator thought the prank was funny.